Keto Shakshuka Recipe + Video Demo – 8g web carbs! Runny eggs poached in tomato sauce, a low carb breakfast, lunch or dinner! Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clear consuming, actual meals.
I’m right here to tell you that marinara sauce and runny eggs are a match made in heaven! Savory, umami packed marinara sauce topped with tender, fatty eggs…superb!
This shakshuka is about to change into one in every of your new favourite meals. It’s tremendous simple to make, so very reasonably priced, prepared in 20 minutes, and good for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
What Is Shakshuka?
In the event you’ve by no means had it earlier than, shakshuka is eggs cooked in tomato sauce. I wish to preserve it tremendous easy and make it with crimson bell pepper, onion and marinara sauce. All issues I nearly at all times have readily available.
You sautee the bell pepper and onion till tender, then add within the marinara sauce to heat. You add within the eggs to softly poach within the tomato sauce. Scrumptious!
Runny Egg Hack!
I’ve an especially necessary hack that may guarantee your egg whites are set and your egg yolks are runny each single time.
Moderately than including in the entire egg to poach within the tomato sauce, I add in simply the egg whites first to prepare dinner for 3 minutes, then high them with the yolk to prepare dinner for the ultimate minute.
In the event you’re like me and love allllll the runny egg yolks, that is going to make your life infinitely higher! Watch the video under to see the hack in motion!
Watch Keto Shakshuka Recipe Demo Video
In the event you make this keto shakshuka make sure to depart a remark and provides this recipe a ranking! I really like to listen to from you all and at all times do my greatest to reply to every remark. And naturally, if you happen to do make this recipe, don’t neglect to share and tag me on Instagram! Trying via the pictures of recipes you all have made is my favourite!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped crimson bell pepper (about half a bell pepper)
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion (about half a yellow onion)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (do-it-yourself or retailer purchased)
- 2 eggs, eggs and whites separated
- kosher salt + pepper
- microgreens or recent chopped herbs like parsley, dill or cilantro for garnish (elective)
- Warmth your small 8″ forged iron skillet over medium warmth. Add the olive oil, bell pepper, onion and pinch of salt + pepper. Sautee the veggies till tender, stirring sometimes, about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour over the marinara sauce and heat for 1-2 minutes till effervescent.
- Cut back your warmth to low.
- Make an indentation within the marinara sauce for the two eggs. Gently pour the egg whites into the two indentations. Cowl with a lid and prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes till the whites are nearly absolutely set.
- Gently pour the egg yolks on high of the egg whites. Season with kosher salt + pepper. Cowl with the lid once more and prepare dinner for simply 1 extra minute to heat the yolks.
- Serve heat scooped onto a plate, topped with microgreens.
- As at all times, plenty of ideas, FAQs and substitution data within the Recipe Notes under!
Cooking Fats: You should use olive oil, avocado oil, grass fed butter, ghee, and so forth as your cooking fats.
Serving Measurement: This is sufficient to feed 1 very hungry individual, or 2 medium hungry individuals. My husband and I often break up this, so it’s sufficient to feed 2 of us, every of us consuming 1 egg. You may as well double or triple this recipe and make it in a 12″ forged iron skillet to feed a crowd!
Marinara Sauce: This recipe works with do-it-yourself marinara sauce or your favourite retailer purchased.
Make Forward Tip: I don’t advocate making this entire meal upfront if you happen to wan to meal prep your breakfast. The egg yolks get too set when reheating. As an alternative! You’ll be able to meal prep sautee all of the bell pepper + onion! On the day of breakfast, simply add the cooked bell pepper + onion and marinara sauce to heat for 1-2 minutes, then poach your eggs. Breakfast is prepared in a snap!
Diet Details: The dietary data is calculated based mostly on the precise substances and portions listed within the Substances above. It’s for two servings. In the event you plan on consuming the entire thing double the numbers. It’s offered as a courtesy solely and ought to be construed as an estimate fairly than a assure. Substances can range, particularly if you happen to make recipe substitutions. All the time greatest to go off your individual calculations based mostly on the substances and measurements you employ.
This put up accommodates affiliate hyperlinks, thanks for the love!
By no means Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! Without spending a dime!